This holiday season, until $10,000 Donations will be matched to help end pet homelessness
FRANKLIN, Tenn., November 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Today, on a day of global giving, the PEDIGREE Foundation announced a new series of collaborative grants that build on the Foundation’s annual grantmaking 1 million dollars in shelter and rescue programs in the US and Canada for the second consecutive year. The need for people to adopt, foster or donate is greater than ever and the PEDIGREE Foundation continues to advance its commitment to helping dogs in need with these latest grants.
These collaborative grants, along with our recent annual grants, will help more than 75,000 dogs in both the U.S. and Canada supporting 76 different shelter and rescue organizations working to find forever homes for these dogs in need.
“In celebration of Giving Tuesday, we want to continue giving back to organizations that support dogs in need and raise awareness for dog adoption,” she said. Kimberly Wise, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the PEDIGREE Foundation. “Now more than ever, shelters and rescues need our support and we’re proud to once again reach out 1 million dollars in funds awarded to help end pet homelessness.”
The full list of PEDIGREE Foundation 2023 grantees for the year is available at Web pagewhich features the most recent grantees helping to bring the PEDIGREE Foundation to 1 million dollars landmark:
- Austin Pets Alive! (Transport): $50 thousand to support increased animal transport capacity on its behalf of Texas many dogs at risk to shelter. Austin Pets Alive’s! the transport program has grown steadily over the past two years and is now projected to transport nearly 4,000 pets from Texas shelters in parts of the country that don’t have enough adoptable pets to meet the demand.
- Greater Good Charities (Transportation): $30 thousand to support Greater Good Charities Good Flights Maui Disaster Relief Support for additional supply flights and transport of animals already living in off-island shelters. Animals were moved to shelters in the Pacific Northwest, making room for pets injured and/or displaced during the wildfires to receive care at Maui Humane.
- Dogs Trust USA (THE BEHAVIOR): $50 thousand for the further development of Dogs Trust of the USA Dog School and Professional Development Programs, benefiting thousands of shelter staff, volunteers, foster carers, dogs and their owners across the country.
- Berkeley Humane (Transportation): $25 thousand to support the partnership between Berkeley Humane and Hawaii County Animal Control and the Three Ring Ranch Animal Wildlife Sanctuary to continue rescue efforts to increase dog adoptions and provide resources for Hawaii-Volunteers and staff working tirelessly to save more lives.
- Humane Society of Tulsa (Transport): $25 thousand to support the ‘hub’ pet transportation program. The hub serves as a bridge for dogs at risk from overcrowded municipal shelters, criminal seizures, natural disasters and other crisis situations Oklahoma and beyond.
- Legs Philadelphia (Adoptive): $50,000 to support the fostering program “Meeting the Moment: Reimagining Dog Fostering, from Marketing to Integrated Training & Behavioral Support.” Over time, PAWS will develop a multifaceted approach to encouraging their community to increase lifesaving measures.
- Pet Adoption Weekend on Mars: $49 thousand to celebrate the 15thu Mars Pet Adoption Weekend, covering dog adoption fees in 15 US cities across the country, including Chicago, Las Vegas, Nashville, Phoenix, Washington and more.
- Disaster relief? The PEDIGREE Foundation contributed $140,000 to support disaster relief efforts across the country, including $100,000 partnering with the American Humane Society to provide immediate, on-the-ground support when disasters strike. In CanadaPEDIGREE Foundation contributed $20,000 CAD to four organizations to support fire relief, with the goal of funding another $5 thousand CAD before the end of the year.
Show your support
Dog lovers are encouraged to check it out DOGS RULE.™ Online Store throughout the holiday season for gifts that support dogs in need. Please note that proceeds from the store help dogs find loving homes through shelters and rescue grants like those listed above.
The PEDIGREE Foundation also launched its annual end-of-year campaign, SEASON OF GOOD DOG™, which is ongoing December 31. This holiday season, dogs across the country in shelters and rescues are waiting for their chance to become a beloved family pet. Thanks to the generosity of dog lovers, the Foundation can continue its important work to help dogs find loving homes. $10,000 donations will be matched by a generous donor, so the impact is even greater! To find out more about the campaign or make your donation, visit this link.
To learn more about the 2023 grantees and how they are using their grants to help end pet homelessness, and for information on how you can make a difference with the PEDIGREE Foundation, visit PedigreeFoundation.org.
About the PEDIGREE Foundation
We believe every dog deserves a loving, forever home. The PEDIGREE Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to help end pet homelessness. Nearly 3.1 million dogs end up in shelters and rescues each year, and nearly half never find a home. The foundation was founded in 2008 by Mars Petcare, maker of PEDIGREE® dog food, to help increase dog adoption rates. We’ve awarded more than 6,200 grants and more than $12 million to US shelters and rescues that help dogs in need. Since the launch of the Canadian grant program in 2022, we have provided CAD$200,000 to local shelters and rescues in need across Canada, as well as CAD$20,000 to disaster relief, with a goal of funding another CAD$5,000 before the end of year. At the PEDIGREE foundation, we work for a day when all dogs are safe, secure, cared for, well fed and loved. See how you can help PedigreeFoundation.org.
About Mars Petcare
Part of Mars, Incorporated, a family-owned business with more than a century of history producing diverse products and services for people and the pets people love, the 85,000 Associates in 50+ countries in Mars Petcare are dedicated to one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR RESIDENTS. With 85 years of experience, our portfolio of nearly 50 brands serves the health and nutrition needs of pets worldwide – including brands PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, ROYAL CANIN®, NUTRO™, GREENS™, SHEBA®, CAESAR®, IAMS™ and EUKANUBA™ as well as the Waltham Petcare Science Institute which has advanced research in pet nutrition and health for more than 50 years. Mars Petcare is also a leading provider of veterinary healthcare through an international network of more than 2,000 pet hospitals and diagnostic services, including BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™, VCA™, Linnaeus, AniCura and Antech. We are also active in innovation and technology for pets, with WISDOM PANELS™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs and cats, the WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and LEAP VENTURE STUDIO throttle and FRIENDSHIP FUND programs that drive innovation and disruption in the pet care industry. Like family business and guided by our principles, we are privileged with the flexibility to fight for what we believe in – and we choose to fight for: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
SOURCE PEDIGREE Foundation
(tags For Translation) PEDIGREE Foundation